Buffet Legende B-Flat – 745836
Last year, it was the clarinet Tradition with its entirely new bore concept that took the music world by surprise, combining age-old know-how with fundamental research.
This year, Buffet Crampon is proud to present once again a completely new model, Légende.
This new clarinet is also the result of these developments in methodology and touts the same virtues as its high-end counterparts, including:
- metal-capped tenons, for an enduring union between upper and lower joints
- GreenLinE tone hole slots, ensuring an air-tight closure and flawless sound while eliminating the risk of cracking
- a low F correction key to enhance the sound in this characteristic scale
- ergonomic rings for a more comfortable and intuitive feel (Légende exclusively)
- natural wood, specially selected and honed for a perfect resonance
Every few months we travel to the Buffet Crampon USA Warehouse to personally select the very best clarinets they have to offer. We sift through 50-60 clarinets per visit to find truly outstanding instruments.
When choosing a clarinet, we look for the following characteristics:
- Superior Tone - With evenness throughout the range
- Excellent Resonance and Vibrancy - we listen for that extra sparkle that few clarinets possess
- Even Tuning
- Wood That is Free of Defects - No knots, chips, or wavy grain
With our setup, your clarinet will be its very best from the start!Clarinets from any factory (even the very best Buffet Clarinets) are not perfect in terms of keywork, pads, spring tension, etc. What sets us apart is that every single clarinet receives a full professional-quality setup to make the mechanical feel and function as good as the sound. We spend a great deal of time addressing every issue that can keep your clarinet from playing its absolute best.
Every clarinet is checked to make sure the following things are perfect:
- Pressure/Suction - No leaking pads
- Key Movement - No binding or drag
- Spring Tension - Proper tension and balance
- Ring Heights - Checked for proper evenness and height
- Pad Height Opening - Checked for proper venting (no stuffiness)
- Key Spatula Locations - Key positions checked for ergonomics
We are clarinetists with many years of performing and clarinet repair experience, so we know exactly how a great instrument should play and feel. This results in a better adjusted, easier to play, and ultimately a better sounding clarinet.