Buffet R13 Greenline B-Flat w/Silver Keys
We’ve just taken in this nice R13 Greenline B-flat with silver keys as a trade. We’ve done a full cleaning and servicing to it (worth roughly $400), and now it’s ready for the next owner. Have some summer outdoor gigs? This is the perfect instrument to play on those hot summer days without risking your wooden clarinet!
Every few months we travel to the Buffet Crampon USA Warehouse to personally select the very best clarinets they have to offer. We sift through 50-60 clarinets per visit to find truly outstanding instruments.
When choosing a clarinet, we look for the following characteristics:
- Superior Tone - With evenness throughout the range
- Excellent Resonance and Vibrancy - we listen for that extra sparkle that few clarinets possess
- Even Tuning
- Wood That is Free of Defects - No knots, chips, or wavy grain
With our setup, your clarinet will be its very best from the start!Clarinets from any factory (even the very best Buffet Clarinets) are not perfect in terms of keywork, pads, spring tension, etc. What sets us apart is that every single clarinet receives a full professional-quality setup to make the mechanical feel and function as good as the sound. We spend a great deal of time addressing every issue that can keep your clarinet from playing its absolute best.
Every clarinet is checked to make sure the following things are perfect:
- Pressure/Suction - No leaking pads
- Key Movement - No binding or drag
- Spring Tension - Proper tension and balance
- Ring Heights - Checked for proper evenness and height
- Pad Height Opening - Checked for proper venting (no stuffiness)
- Key Spatula Locations - Key positions checked for ergonomics
We are clarinetists with many years of performing and clarinet repair experience, so we know exactly how a great instrument should play and feel. This results in a better adjusted, easier to play, and ultimately a better sounding clarinet.